Hacking a Facebook Account, It is possible ? – Yeh it is, Recently Facebook is working harder to make sure they can avoid hijacking of accounts. But still there is numerious ways to hack into users account. Today we’ll going through five easy and effective ways, so all ready ?
- Hack Facebook Account Password By Phishing –
Phishing is still the most popular attack vector used for hacking Facebook accounts. There are variety methods to carry out phishing attack. In simple phishing attacks, a hacker creates a fake login page which exactly looks like the real Facebook page and then asks the victim to log in. Once the victim logs in through the fake page the, the victims “Email Address” and “Password” is stored into a text file, and the hacker then downloads the text file and gets his hands on the victim’s credentials.
How To Avoid Phishing Attacks
- Never Login your Facebook account on other devices
- Use Chrome, it identifies the phishing page.
- Avoid emails that ask you to log in your facebook account
2. Hack Facebook Account Password By Keylogging –
Keylogging is the easiest way to hack a Facebook password. Keylogging sometimes can be so dangerous that even a person with good knowledge of computers can fall for it. A Keylogger is basically a small program which, once is installed on victim’s computer, will record everything victim types on his/her computer. The logs are then sent back to the attacker by either FTP or directly to hackers email address.
How To Avoid Keyloggers
- Always download software from trusted websites
- Scan your USB drives for virus
- Having a Good antivirus and internet security will avoid keyloggers
3. Session Hijacking
If both the victim and attacker are on the same network, an attacker can use a DNS spoofing attack and change the original Facebook page to his own fake page and hence can get access to victims Facebook account.
How To Protect yourself
- Configure it to be as secure as possible against cache poisoning.
- Manage your DNS servers securely
- Don’t get caught by known vulnerabilities
- Separate the authoritative function from the resolving function using different servers.
4. Hack Facebook Account Password By Session Hijacking
Session Hijacking can be often very dangerous if you are accessing Facebook on an HTTP (non-secure) connection. In Session Hijacking attack, a hacker steals the victim’s browser cookie which is used to authenticate the user on a website and use it to access the victim’s account. Session hijacking is widely used on LAN and WiFi connections.
5. Social Engineering
This is the simple method used by the hacker in order to collect information about victims as mush as he can get from all possible methods. If any victim uses simple passwords like mobile number, DOB etc., then any good hacker can effortlessly guess the password and hack into your account.
How To Protect yourself
- Never share personal information via email, chat messenger, phone
- Avoid links from unknown or suspicious sites